NOTICE to new and existing customers:
May 1st, 2021
The roofing industry has experienced a multitude of price increases that encompass just about every major component involved in the roofing process. Metal, modifieds, single ply, and coatings are all being impacted by what is occurring nationally.
Aside from price increases like we have never seen, our industry is experiencing shortages and unusually long lead times. Current lead times on most of the insulation, membranes, and accessories commonly used is from 6 to 12 months.
What this means to current and potentially new customers and projects:
- Most of our quotes will be repriced at the time of acceptance. This is one situation where our quotes will actually expire. We have built some anticipated price increases into our quotes, but they are subject to change. All projects may be repriced after quote expiration dates.
- If you are planning a roofing project in the future, be prepared to release that project months ahead. Roofing distributors are on allocation and roofing contractors can only order in so much materials before it creates a cash flow issue or storage issue. The days of ordering and picking up materials through distribution places are also non-existent right now.
- Be prepared to repair your roof in conjunction with a replacement. Owners may have to accept the costs for additional roof repairs while waiting to have your roofing project begin.
- Owners with roofs in poor condition should really take note of the current situation at hand and plan. If your roofs experience’s a major issue/blow off, etc… The proper materials may not be readily available to install a permanent replacement roof. Your roof may need to be temporarily replaced with whatever materials are available until a permanent repair can be scheduled and materials obtained. This means paying twice.
- There are also labor shortages in our industry, which is leading to longer scheduling times.
This is the first time in 50 plus years that we have had to put a notice out like this to our existing and potential customers. However, this situation is real, will stretch well into 2023, and is having a major impact on our industry.
Pete Alex III,
Ready to talk about roofing?
Trust the Professionals
Trust the professionals at Alex Roofing Company, Inc. to provide the correct solution for your commercial waterproofing job.
Our Commercial Division is your best resource for any questions you may have regarding our waterproofing services.